All candidates must have an earned Masters degree in an educationally related area:
- Elementary/Secondary Education
- Educational Leadership
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Teaching and Learning Sciences
In addition, the candidate must have a minimum of four years of elementary and or secondary school teaching experience.
Students will be admitted as a cohort group. Each cohort will begin course work during the summer. Prior to receiving the endorsement from the College of Education for certification the student must submit passing scores on the PRAXIS Supervision and Administration examination (#0410) and shall have demonstrated a minimum of five years of certificate teaching experience.
Curriculum can be found in the course catalog.
Application Requirements & Deadlines
- Completed online application
- $65 Application Fee
- GPA Minimum: 3.0 undergraduate
- GPA minimum: 3.6 (graduate)
- Official transcript(s) from each post-secondary institution attended
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Acknowledgement of College of Education Policy on Clearances
- 4 years of elementary or secondary teaching experience
- May 8 for summer semester start
- August 1 for fall semester start
- December 1 for spring semester start