We have condensed information for prospective students interested in our distance education programs that are administered through the Office of Global Online Graduate Degrees & Training for ease of use. However, depending on your status you may need to visit the other pages within the College of Education Admissions section such as International Students listed in the links on the left hand side of this page.
The Office of Global and Online Graduate Degrees & Training offers rolling admissions for all programs, with the exception of the the Comparative and International Education (CIE), Globalization and Educational Change (GEC) and International Counseling Programs. Please check the requirements and deadline of the program you are interested in for a complete set of criteria.
Master's and Doctoral Degrees
Prospective students interested in pursuing a graduate degree must complete a degree application. Once you have been accepted into a graduate program, you have one year to begin course work. Requirements vary by degree.
Professional development certificate and non-degree programs
Prospective students who would like to pursue a professional development certificate program, non-degree program or would like to simply take courses for professional development should complete the non-degree application. Minimum GPA requirement is 2.75. Accepted students are eligible to enroll in a maximum of 12 credits. To continue studies the student must apply to a degree program. For more information please visit this page.
The following is a list of tuition costs per credit and program for College of Education distance students.
Degree/Program Tuition and fees
- Ed.D. Educational Leadership $615
- Ph.D. Comparative & International Education $615
- M.Ed. Educational Leadership $525
- M.Ed. Globalization & Educational Change $525
- M.Ed. International Counseling $525
- Principal Certification Principal Certification $525
- Professional Education Certificate, International Counseling, TESOL, International Development in Education $525
The course fee is $130 per course. This fee covers technology and administrative costs. Students must also purchase their own textbook(s) and cover any visa costs (if not U.S. citizens) associated with attending the Summer Institutes at Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA.
Tuition and Fee Refunds
The Bursar's Office uses the following policy to determine the amount of a refund:
- During the academic year, a graduate student in good standing, who formally withdraws before 60% of the semester has been completed, will be eligible for a tuition refund.
- No tuition refunds will be made for courses of one week or less after the first day of class for Summer Institutes only.
- Academic & administrative fees are non-refundable after the first day of classes.
Students may transfer up to six (6) credits into their Master's Degree program from previous graduate work. Transfer credits must meet the eligibility conditions below. For more information on transferring credits please visit the Admissions page, Transferring Students. Doctoral programs do not accept any transfer credits.
To be eligible for credit towards a Lehigh Master's program, all transferred courses must:
- credits must be on a graduate level
- credits may not have been applied to an earlier degree
- must have a grade of " B " or better
- completed within four (4) years of first enrollment into a Lehigh graduate program
- not applied toward another graduate degree
- an official transcript must indicate the final grade on a 4.0 point scale
- if earned in a U.S. institution, the institution must be accredited by one of the six (6) regional accrediting associations
Transcripts from a foreign institution MUST be evaluated for equivalency before being sent to Lehigh University. Credential evaluation means converting foreign academic credentials into their U.S. educational equivalents. By converting your educational qualifications into their U.S. equivalents, the evaluation allows academic institutions or employers in the U.S. to understand them. Lehigh University does not promote these services; we inform you of their existence. Please request that these services mail you a course-by-course evaluation converted to U.S. credits and grades.