Get started today!
- Application requirements: Online application, transcripts, minimum GPA of 2.75 undergraduate
- Deadline(s): July 15 for a fall start, Dec. 15 for a spring start and April 15 for a summer start. The application and all supporting materials are due by the listed deadlines.
- Course Requirements: 4 courses (12 credits)
- Typical Course Load: Fall (2 courses), Spring (2 courses), Summer (1 course)
- Time to Completion: 1 year
- Note: If you are not a US Citizen, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm eligibility to apply to this program.
The Technology Use in the Schools Certificate is designed for teachers and others who are seeking to expand their knowledge and proficiency in instructional technology. The program offers in-person, online, and hybrid options for courses that give students the skills to integrate new tools for working with learners with a broad range of abilities.
Students take four courses – 12 credits - in such areas as Teaching and Learning with Geospatial Tools, Multimedia Programming and Resource Development for Learning and Technology for Teaching and Learning. The certificate program can be used as a springboard to Lehigh’s master’s degree in Instructional Technology.
Students may begin the program in any semester, with admissions deadlines of July 15 for a fall start, Dec. 15 for a spring start and April 15 for a summer start. Typically, it can be completed within a year.
In-person classes are held in the late afternoon and evening to accommodate working professionals.
Those seeking to apply, should complete an online application and provide official undergraduate and (if applicable) graduate transcripts. A grade point average of at least 2.75 is mandated for undergraduate work. Prospective students should also provide an acknowledgement that they understand the College of Education Policy on clearances.
Note: A Lehigh Certificate of Completion is not the same as a Pennsylvania Department of Education Certification.
|COURSE NUMBER||COURSE NAME - CHOOSE FOUR (4)||CREDITS|
|TLT 367||Environmental Education||3|
|TLT 368||Teaching and Learning with Geospatial Tools||3|
|TLT 401||Overview of Teaching and Learning||3|
|TLT 403||Instructional Design||3|
|TLT 458||Introduction to Multimedia Programming and Resource Development for Learning||3|
|TLT 460||Advanced Multimedia Programming and Resource Development for Learning||3|
|TLT 462||Special Topics (Digital Storytelling; Universal Design for Learning and ADA Compliance; Data Visualization)||1-3|
|TLT 468||Game-Based Learning||3|
|TLT 470||Technology for Teaching and Learning||3|
|TLT 476||Assessment of Instructional Technologies||3|
|Other electives as approved by adviser|