This 30-credit (minimum) master's program is designed for students seeking Pennsylvania certification as Special Education PreK-8 teachers (with dual certification eligibility).
Students seeking dual certification in general education PreK-4 (initial certification) and Special Education PreK-8 (additional certification) must complete an additional 24 credits. These courses/credits are required to be eligible for dual certification but are not part of the master's program in Special Education.
Curriculum can be found in the course catalog.
Application Requirements & Deadlines
- Completed online application
- $65 Application Fee
- GPA Minimum: 3.0 undergraduate
- Official transcript(s) from each post-secondary institution attended
- 2 letters of recommendation - Academic and/or professional
- Acknowledgement of College of Education Policy on Clearances
- TOEFL score, if applicable
- U.S. citizenship or legal permanent resident
- Rolling admissions