This 32-credit (minimum) master's program is designed for graduate students seeking Pennsylvania additional certification as Special Education PreK-8 or Special Education 7-12 teachers.
The following PA certificate holders may enroll in a Special Education PreK-8 program: N-3, K-6, PreK-4, 4-8, K-12, and Reading Specialist.
The following PA certificate holders may enroll in a Special Education 7-12 program: 7-12, K-12, and Reading Specialist.
The mission of this special education master's program is to prepare highly qualified educators who are not only skilled practitioners, but also leaders in establishing effective teaching and learning environments for individuals with disabilities in their schools and communities.
Curriculum can be found in the course catalog.
Application Requirements & Deadlines
- Completed online application
- $65 Application Fee
- GPA Minimum: 3.0 undergraduate
- Official transcript(s) from each post-secondary institution attended
- 2 letters of recommendation - Academic and/or professional
- Acknowledgement of College of Education Policy on Clearances
- TOEFL score, if applicable
- U.S. citizenship or legal permanent resident
- Rolling admissions