This page is intended for COE alumni and current students. We receive weekly notifications of open positions in and around Pennsylvania in the fields of education and human services that we share on this site. If you have questions about specific positions you should reach out to the contact listed in the position description or web link.
These listings are posted most recent to least.
Dear School Psychology Program,
We at the Indiana University Bloomington School of Education are looking to hire a new tenure-track faculty member in School Psychology. Specifically, we are hoping to find a candidate who both will help us advance our program's social justice focus via their research, teaching, and/or service and who identifies as a member of a demographic group that is underrepresented amongst school psychology program faculty. While we do not have a tenure line approved at this moment, in anticipation of such an approval we are looking to identify potential good fits for our program and who could potentially join us on faculty in Fall 2019 or Fall 2020. If any upcoming graduates in your program meet our criteria and are considering a career in academia, we would greatly appreciate if you would be willing to pass along their name(s) and email addresses so that IU's school psychology program coordinator (Dave Shriberg) may contact them for potential recruitment purposes. Thank you in advance for your help!
Elyssa Klann, MSEd
Graduate Assistant for the Department of Counseling and Educational Psychology
Indiana University Bloomington
Please see the link for more information on this position, as well as other vacancies, in the Allentown School District.
Anticipated Elementary Reading Specialist:
Full-time position. Candidates must send letter of interest, resume, Pa. Standard application, transcripts, copy of Pa. Reading Specialist certification, and all required clearances to Thomas McLaughlin, Director of Human Resources, Palmerton Area School District, 680 Fourth Street, Palmerton, PA 18071. Applications accepted until position is filled. EOE
Innova Schools is a private school network in Peru. It is the largest private school network in the country with the headquarters located in Lima, the capital city. Currently, there are 36 schools located in Lima and 14 schools across other major cities in Peru. Innova Schools provide a high quality primary and secondary education to Peruvian children of the emerging middle class at accessible rates.
We are currently looking for an experienced Regional Director to take charge of leading a group of 7-8 schools in our network.
The ideal candidate will have experience leading schools that are part of an educational system or network and have in-depth knowledge of high-quality curriculum and instruction. He/she will play a key role in the overall performance of each school and the network.
The Regional Director will be responsible to ensure high-quality curriculum and administrative management of the schools He/she will coach the school principals to ensure high student achievement, and effective administrative management of their schools.
- Work with the Administrative Teams/Equipos Directivos (ED) to establish and align school and corporate goals. Ensure that the responsibilities within the various teams are defined and executed successfully.
- Alongside other regional leaders, support the design and execution of a reliable data-driven system of administration. Support principals and ED teams to monitor and respond to student learning through data-driven decision making.
- Work closely with the ED teams and other regional team members to modify and design teacher highly effective learning strategies that support academic excellence.
- Work with principals and ED teams to design and implement region-wide and school-specific structures and systems that proactively and positively engage with parents throughout the school year.
- Drive effective execution of school culture systems and structures by training and coaching of Principals and ED teams.
- Work with principals and (ED) and implement school-wide culture systems (i.e. entry, dismissal, transition, incentive systems, community meeting etc.) aligned to the vision for school culture.
- Inspire and motivate principals and ED teams to achieve excellence in school leadership.
- MA degree in educational leadership (or related field)
- Proven work experience in leadership roles in educational systems
- Proven experience leading large, complex and multiple teams in a district setting
- Fluent oral and written communication in English and Spanish
- Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Office
- A passion for being part of a team-oriented, mission-driven culture
- Flexible and able to multi-task within an ambiguous, fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions
- Demonstrated success in raising the achievement levels of traditionally under-served students
- At least three years’ experience working with large groups of students strongly preferred
- Experience directly managing and/or leading colleagues and/or direct reports preferred
- Experience teaching in an urban, high-need environment preferred
Interested candidates can submit their CV to Ximena García (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts (Charter Arts) is looking for experienced and highly qualified employees to work in our creative and collaborative environment to ensure the success of all of our students. We are looking for highly motivated and engaging teachers to support our students in their artistic and academic pursuits.
Apply to be part of our amazing team! Visit our website www.charterarts.org for a full listing of available positions, job descriptions, and application information.
We are currently accepting applications in the following areas:
- Evening Administrative Assistant
- Part-Time School Nurse
- Full-Time School Nurse
- English Teacher
- Music Teachers
- School Counselors
- Science Teacher
- Social Studies Teacher
To APPLY: please email your cover letter, resume, and three letters of recommendation as one pdf document to email@example.com. Charter Arts will accept applications until the position has been filled.
Once your application is reviewed, you may be contacted for a phone interview. Since we are hiring for various positions, it may take us some time to review your application materials and begin the interview process for the position for which you applied. Final interview candidates are required to submit up-to-date Act 168, I9, state and federal criminal background checks, and their child abuse clearance to be considered for employment at the Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts.
All application materials will be saved for a period of up to three years.
We have several ESOL vacancies and one secondary Spanish vacancy posted on our ASD Website under Employment/FastTrack. The positions require the following certifications:
- Elementary & ESL or Spanish K-12 & ESL
- Secondary English & ESL
- Spanish K-12
Please encourage any qualified students to apply.
Director of ESOL & World Languages
Newcomer Academy Principal
The Board of School Directors for the New Hope-Solebury School District, located in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, is seeking an experienced, student-centered, highly qualified leader to fill the position of Superintendent of Schools.
- PA Letter of Eligibility
- Excellent academic credentials (doctorate preferred)
- K-12 experience as a teacher, school leader, and central office administrator
- Curriculum and instructional experience at all levels of education with an expertise in how children learn
Please access the online application at https://recruit.BucksIU.org/
A letter of inquiry, resumé, transcript, university credentials, and three professional references should be included with your online application. Qualified applicants will be expected to submit all required clearances including Act 24 (PDE Form 6004), Act 34, Act 114, Act 151, a PA Health Form, and TB Test.
The application window closes on July 20, 2018. The Board reserves the right to extend this date as necessary. A detailed job summary is attached.
Dr. Mark Hoffman
Bucks County Intermediate Unit #22
215-348-2940 ext. 1101
BUSINESS EDUCATION TEACHER - HIGH SCHOOL SOUTH (Long Term Substitute Appointment)
This long-term substitute teaching position will be available August 21, 2018, through the last teacher workday of the 2018-2019 school year only.
Candidates must possess a valid Pennsylvania Bus/Computer/Info Tech K-12 Instructional I or II Certificate for this assignment.
Further qualifications/requirements include:
(1) Strong academic background, deep knowledge of the PA Academic Standards and
District curriculum, and skill in data analysis of student performance information,
(2) Highly developed classroom management skills,
(3) Strong technology background,
(4) Experience/orientation at the designated level,
(5) Understanding of and empathy for students at the designated level,
(6) Creative and energetic,
(7) Ability to implement instructional strategies, which are effective with students at the assigned level,
(8) Highly developed interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
Completion of successful interviews is required along with meeting all local requirements.
Please express your interest in this position by submitting your PA Standard Application including certification, transcripts, 3 letters of recommendations and current clearances. If you currently have an application on file you may submit a letter of interest with a current resume. Applications and clearance forms may be downloaded at our employment website at www.esasd.net.
Applications, which will be accepted until the position is filled*, should be sent to: Human Resources, East Stroudsburg Area School District, 50 Vine Street, East Stroudsburg, PA 18301