This page is intended for COE alumni and current students. We receive weekly notifications of open positions in and around Pennsylvania in the fields of education and human services that we share on this site. If you have questions about specific positions you should reach out to the contact listed in the position description or web link.
These listings are posted most recent to least.
The North Central Ohio Educational Service Center currently has a School Psychologist position available for the 2018-19 school year. Please see the attachment or www.ncoesc.org
for more information.
Open Position: Academic Counselor
Location: Santa Cruz, Bolivia
Starting Date: Either August 2018 or January 2019
Contact: Brian McCommons firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Institution
The International University of Santa Cruz (iU) is an International Center of Broward College (Florida). iU is located in Santa Cruz, Bolivia. The institution is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and is able to deliver an Associates of Arts degree from Broward College on our campus in Bolivia. The main goal of our students is to complete their AA in Bolivia before transferring to a 4-year university in the USA. The institution opened 4 years ago and has grown quickly to over 50 full-time students. Our professors typically come from the USA to teach courses for 7-weeks and all courses are delivered 100% in English. Meanwhile, there is a small full-time staff (also English speaking) to manage the day-to-day academics, marketing, etc.
Currently, iU is looking for an addition to this small staff as an Academic Counselor. The role of this position includes, but is not limited, to the following:
- Work closely with students on transferring to the USA after completion of their AA degree
- Follow up on student performance including intervention for underperforming students and creation of challenging pathways for high achieving students
- Provide career counseling and work with students on selecting degree paths
- Occasionally meet with parents to discuss transferring process
- Masters Degree in Counseling, Education or related field
- Experience working in college admissions and/or study abroad
- Experience living or working abroad
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with Latin American students
- Ability to speak a language in addition to English (preferably Spanish)
- Generous Salary (Tax Free) based on education background and experience
- Housing Stipend
- Local Health Insurance
- One round trip flight per year from city of origin within the USA
- Reimbursement for all Visa costs (note that due to government restrictions, iU is unable to support visas for spouses or other family members).
The Bronx Field Support Center is sponsoring 3 Teacher Job Fairs.
Open to all graduating students and alumni who might be interested in teaching in the Bronx, NY this coming September. All candidates must have, or be eligible for, New York State teaching certification by this September. (Certification requirements can be found at http://www.highered.nysed.gov/tcert. )
Below are the links for Districts 11 & 12, and the High School Job Fairs:
St. John’s College High School seeks an Instructional Technology Specialist to support the strategic
vision of the school by supporting the integration of educational technology into the classroom and instruction. The Instructional Technology Specialist works closely with school leadership, faculty, and staff to develop and implement an innovative learning experience for students.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience. Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to Mr. Christopher Themistos, Principal, at email@example.com.
More information attached.
Job Summary for Junior English Teacher
UtopiaEdu is looking for Junior English teachers, who work in our English-as-Second-Language courses for K12 and adult. Teaching English online is a good career choice for people with strong language and communications skills. People with a broad knowledge of literature, a passion for reading, a knack for essay writing, and a devotion to education are well-suited for careers as English teachers.
Job Description for Junior English Teacher
Online English teachers should be well-grounded in virtual classroom management. In addition to teaching creative subjects like fiction writing, they should be prepared to teach grammar rules, spelling and diction, word pronunciation, sentence structure, punctuation, reading and essay writing. Because English grammar, sentence structure and expository writing are rule oriented, people who are methodical and patient are often well-suited to teach English.
Part-time teachers typically work four to eight hours each week, which includes American summers off, along with various holidays and winter breaks.
Junior English teachers also:
- Meet with colleagues to coordinate lesson plans.
- Basing the course, Next Move, prepare the online coursework.
- Hold online sessions with students, and keep them on track as necessary (webEX account will be provided).
- Answer student questions related to the course content. Reply to student messages (via WeChat) in time.
- Respond to messages from school administrators. Suggest program or curriculum improvements to school administrators.
• College, university student, English or Education major
• USD$20 per hour
☎ 484-934-2628 (text is preferred)
Dongfang Wende Square,
Wende North Road, Yuexiu District,
Guangzhou, China. 510120
Wednesday, April 11
463 East 149th Street, 2nd floor
Bronx, NY 10455
Seeking teachers in all NYS license areas, Grades K-8
Residence Life Coordinator
Search Status: Application material received by April 6, 2018 will receive primary consideration.
Saint Francis University invites applications for a full time, live-in Residence Life Coordinator in the department of Residence Life. The Residence Life Coordinator is directly responsible to the Director of Residence Life to oversee administrative, supervisory, programmatic, community development and counseling responsibilities within a residential community, housing approximately 1300 students. Will oversee between 12 and 18 Resident Assistants as staff and be responsible for the residents of buildings with between 50 to 150 residents. Secondary responsibilities are in the areas of summer conference housing and/or the summer residence hall housing and office administration.
Master’s degree in Student Affairs in Higher Education or related field preferred and one to two years of residence hall experience at the graduate assistant level. Bachelor’s degree considered with residence hall experience. Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills are essential. Application accepted until the position is filled. Anticipated start date of June 1, 2018.
Saint Francis University is committed to diversity of students, staff, and faculty, and encourages applications from historically underrepresented individuals, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities. AA/EOE
This position can be located in Menlo Park, CA or Austin, TX. There is a relocation package. If you have questions, please contact Michele Thiede (firstname.lastname@example.org), Lehigh alumni.