Center for Career and Professional Development
The Center for Career and Professional Development (CCPD) provides career education and connections that support student success. Graduate Students have full access to all CCPD services and resources as well as a career coach dedicated to serving the graduate student population. The office is open Monday through Friday from 8:15 a.m. until 4:45 p.m. Visit careercenter.lehigh.edu for more information.
1. Handshake (lehigh.joinhandshake.com) - A centralized platform for students to connect with employers, register for events, search career resource tiles and explore more than 20,000 job, internship, and fellowship opportunities. Job listings for students with a Masters or PhD as well as part-time, local job opportunities can be found here.
2. Events/Workshops - Graduate clubs, faculty, and campus departments may partner with CCPD in hosting career-related events and workshops. Employer events and career-related programs for students including those specific to graduate students can be found on Handshake.
3. Coaching appointments – Weekly time slots are available including virtual options for graduate students via phone and zoom with our Graduate Student Career Coach, Alison Erk. Coaching appointments provide assistance with career exploration, advanced job preparation, and mock interview practice. Appointments can be scheduled through Handshake.
4. Career Lab – Weekday walk-in hours (10a.m.-3p.m.) for all career questions including resumes and CV's, tips on using Handshake, job search, networking, and more. Career Lab is staffed each day by one of our career coaches (including the Graduate Student Career Coach) and our career interns (including our Graduate Student Career Intern).
5. Career Resource Library - Comprehensive packets, links and tips are available 24/7 in the resource section of Handshake organized by topic including specialized resources. Free access to on-line tools can also be found in the resource section including resources such as Vault and Big Interview.
6. Lehigh Connects (go.lehigh.edu/lehighconnects) - Lehigh's community platform has 2,000+ alumni participants. Explore career paths, build relationships and gain valuable mentoring from Lehigh alumni who have graduate degrees from Lehigh as well as other institutions.
7. Interstride (web.interstride.com) – An on-line platform to assist international students in navigating the job search process and domestic students who want to work abroad. Students can search for jobs and internships in relation to sponsorship data, access career-related tools, resources, and webinars as well as gain information about other countries through a country insights feature.
8. On-Campus Interviews – Graduate students have the opportunity to interview with employers on campus by using Handshake to apply for positions of interest. Additionally, graduate students can reserve a state-of-the-art interview room based on availability by calling the Career Center at 610-758-3710 in advance for virtual or phone interviews.
9. Hire Lehigh Blog (hirelehigh.com) – A resource for students with articles written by students, staff, and employers.