June 21-26, 2020
The June 2020 Symposium will again include a separable two-day Section 504 Coordinators Institute on Thursday/Friday, June 25-26.
The successful 2019 symposium included 200+ registrants from 24 states, Puerto Rico, and the District of Columbia. Attorneys from 20 states and jurisdictions presented school and parent points of view. The 2020 Symposium will offer all-new “hot topics,” based on the most recent case law published during the upcoming year.
Registrants have multiple options:
- Earn three Lehigh University graduate credits, qualify for CLE attorney credits (including Ethics) approved by the PA Continuing Legal Education Board, earn Act 48 credits for PA educators, or enroll for non-credit professional development.
- Attend full-week or per day, depending upon registrant interest.
- Select either a basic track for those new to special education law, or an advanced track for experienced registrants.
- All registrants will receive a comprehensive manual (on-line with password access) with the latest legislation, regulations, complete Supreme Court decisions, and detailed case outlines prepared by the attorneys. This manual over the years has proven to be an invaluable resource back home at work.
- Registrants interact with a broad-based mix of special education directors, special or regular education teachers, school psychologists, administrators, parent representatives, state officials, charter school personnel, and attorneys from several jurisdictions.