The Special Education Law Conference is a one-day program that provides a year-in-review case law keynote and various break-out sessions on Friday, May 10, 2019 from 8:30 a.m. to 3:50 p.m. The conference will take place at Lehigh University, College of Education, Mountaintop Campus, Iacocca Hall, 111 Research Drive, Bethlehem, PA 18015. The registration cost is $200.
The conference registration is now CLOSED. We will not be maintaining a wait list. Thank you to all who have registered and to others we hope to see you next year.
- Registration for the event is $200 per person. It includes breakfast, lunch, parking and session materials.
- School-home considerations in developing appropriate IEPs;
- Interaction between school resource officers and students with disabilities;
- Legal obligations to children with disabilities in relation to ideated, attempted, or actual student suicide;
- Section 504/ADA after the student transitions to postsecondary education;
- Public records in the digital age;
- Disaster preparedness and consequences for student with disabilities;
- Mental health and students with disabilities;
- Charter schools and students with disabilities;
- Independent Educational Evaluations (IEEs);
- FAPE for students in other agencies' placements;
- Medical marijuana issues for students with disabilities;
- Technology and instructional access issues for students with disabilities;
- Physical restraint and seclusion of students with disabilities; and
- Legal ethics for special education attorneys.
The role groups who will find the program of special interest are: administrators of private schools for students with disabilities, assistant superintendents, superintendents, intermediate unit directors, parents, principals, assistant principals, pupil personnel directors, special education and special education directors, regular and special education teacher-leaders, counselors, school psychologists, school board members, parent attorneys, school attorneys, private schools, mental health agencies, caseworkers, social workers, and hearing officers.
Conference Director - Dr. Perry Zirkel, University Professor Emeritus of Education and Law: email@example.com
Continuing Education Credits
ACT48 credits: Approved!
CLE credits: Approved!
We will also provide, upon request, a certificate of attendance.