Earn a Lehigh University College of Education Certificate of Completion in the concentration that’s right for you. You can come to Lehigh or take classes on-line for these certificate programs. Some require 4 specific courses, while some require 6 specific courses (Behavior Analysis).
- Certificate in Behavior Analysis - This certificate program provides a concentration of coursework in behavior analysis for practitioners interested in enhancing their knowledge and skills in implementing evidence-based behavioral support strategies. These course hours can be applied to the coursework required for the Pennsylvania Behavior Specialist licensure (you will need to meet additional hours and requirements to qualify). In addition, the Behavior Analyst Certification Board, Inc.® (BACB®) has approved the following course sequence as meeting the coursework requirements for eligibility to take the Board Certified Behavior Analyst Examination®. Applicants will have to meet additional requirements to qualify.*
- English as a Second Language - The English as a Second Language (ESL) Program Specialist Certificate is a six-course add-on certificate for K-12 educators who are already certified or those who are in the process of getting their certification. This Pennsylvania Department of Education approved 18 credit program will take 1.5 - 2 years to complete on a part-time basis. Courses are offered every fall, spring, and summer in both face-to-face and online formats.
- TESOL - Second Language Teaching Certificate -Lehigh's Second Language Teaching Certificate is designed for individuals interested in the TESOL profession, whether in domestic or international settings. This practical and versatile four-course certificate will assist current or prospective educators in developing their padagogical expertise in TESOL best practices that they can utilize in higher education, adult/literacy education, and English as a foreign language (EFL) education classrooms.
- International School Counseling - Career, academic, cultural transition, and mental health issues have become a main focus in international schools. This certificate emphasizes counseling in community, school, and family settings within international communities. The certificate program consists of a concentration of 4 courses (12 credit hours) in the area of International School Counseling. Students can complete the 4 courses over the span of one year; however, this is not required.
- Technology Use in the Schools - Lehigh's 12-credit Certificate program is aimed at post-certification in-service teachers, informal educators, and others seeking to expand their pedagogical skills and knowledge of instructional technology. Students enrolled in the Technology Use in the Schools certificate program will learn best practices in how to implement and integrate new and emerging instructional technologies to enhance learning outcomes in a variety of school settings and informal learning environments.