Admissions Requirements/Next Steps
- Apply online and select "Non-Degree, Education" or "Certificate (of interest)"
- Submit an official transcript which shows a bachelor's or master's degree completion with a GPA of 2.75 or higher on a four-point scale or a GPA of 3.0 or higher on a four-point scale for a minimum of 12 graduate credits at another accredited institution.
- Application fee of $65.00.
- International students, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out if you are eligible to apply as a non-degree student.
Non-degree applications should be submitted at least three weeks prior to the start of a semester. However, we will consider accepting applications closer to the start of classes. Please contact email@example.com with questions.
Course/Space Availability and Registration
Non-degree students are only eligible to take certain courses. Course selections must be approved by the non-degree student advisor prior to registration each semester.
- Non-Degree students will be placed on probation when they receive their first grade below a B- and will be dropped for poor scholarship at the end of a term when the student is assigned either two C, C-, or C+ grades or one grade below C-.
- Courses taken by non-degree students may count toward a graduate degree, provided they fall within the normal degree requirements of the program and meet minimum grade requirements.
- Non-Degree to Master's: Admission as a non-degree student does not guarantee admission to a degree program. If you would like to apply to a degree seeking program after you have matriculated as a non-degree student, please contact the admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Certificate to Master's
If you plan to enroll in the Master's program once you've completed your Lehigh Certificate, you must apply to the Master's program and receive an offer of admission (and accept) in order to be a Master's student.