Learning Design in Educational and Professional Settings
Get started today!
- Application requirements: Online application, transcripts, minimum GPA of 2.75 undergraduate
- Deadline(s): July 15 for a fall start, Dec. 15 for a spring start and April 15 for a summer start. The application and all supporting materials are due by the listed deadlines.
- Course Requirements: 4 courses (12 credits)
- Typical Course Load: Fall (1 or 2 courses), Spring (1 or 2 courses), Summer (1 or 2 courses)
- Time to Completion: about 1 year
- Modality Options: Can be completed online, in-person, or in hybrid formats (depending on the courses selected)
- Note: If you are not a US Citizen, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm eligibility to apply to this program.
Lehigh's 12-credit Certificate program is aimed at post-certification in-service teachers, informal educators, and professionals seeking to expand their pedagogical or andragogical skills and knowledge of learning design and instructional technology.
Professionals enrolled in the program will learn best practices in how to design and develop personalized instruction and materials, as well as implement and integrate new and emerging instructional technologies to enhance learning outcomes in educational and professional settings and informal learning environments.
The most effective and successful learning environments are engaging, collaborative, supportive, and flexible. They often do their best when they replicate authentic, face-to-face activities and encourage connections and experiences beyond the classroom and professional settings.
|COURSE NUMBER||COURSE NAME - CHOOSE FOUR (4)||CREDITS|
|TLT 401||Overview of Teaching & Learning||3|
|TLT 403||Introduction to Instructional Design||3|
|TLT 462||Special Topics (Digital Storytelling; Universal Design for Learning and ADA Compliance; Data Visualization)||3|
|TLT 465||Design Thinking for Learning||3|
|TLT 467||Project-, Simulation-, and Scenario-Based Learning||3|
|TLT 468||Game-Based Learning||3|
|TLT 472||Online Teaching and Learning||3|
|Other electives as approved by advisor|
View course catalog for course descriptions.