Get started today!
- Application requirements: Online application, transcripts, minimum GPA of 2.75
- Deadline(s): April 15 deadline for summer start, July 15 for fall start and Dec. 15 for spring start. The application and all supporting materials are due by the listed deadlines.
- Course Requirements: 4 courses (12credits)
- Course Type: ONLINE
- Typical Course Load: Fall (1-2 courses), Spring (1-2 courses), Summer (1-2 courses)
- Time to Completion: 1 year
- Alumni Current Positions: Our graduates are typically teachers who work for overseas private language schools or public schools but many also teach at universities, international schools or large companies
- Note: If you are not a US Citizen, please contact email@example.com to confirm eligibility to apply to this program.
The TESOL certificate is a fully online program for individuals who wish to teach English to non-native speakers but who do not need the English as a Second Language certification required to teach ESL in U.S. public schools.
Typically, those seeking a TESOL certificate are looking to gain skills in teaching linguistically diverse populations. This program focuses on how individuals learn language and how to support them as they acquire English, whether it be in adult education classes, schools overseas or other settings.
To earn the TESOL certificate, students take four online courses 12 credits, completing the certificate in as little as two semesters.
Those wishing to apply should complete the online application and send their official undergraduate and (if applicable) graduate transcripts. A minimum grade point average of 2.75 is required for undergraduate work.
Students may begin in any semester with a May 1 deadline for a summer start, July 15 for a fall start and Dec. 15 for a spring start.
You will choose three courses from the list below plus an additional approved elective course.
|COURSE NUMBER||COURSE NAME||CREDITS|
|EDUC 391||Educational Linguistics||3|
|EDUC 419||Second Language Acquisition||3|
|EDUC 420||Contemporary Issues in English Language Learner Education||3|
|EDUC 423||Curriculum and Materials Design for English Language Learners||3|
|SPED/TLT 404||Cultural and Linguistic Diversity||3|
Course descriptions can be found in the course catalog.