Get started today!
- Application requirements: Online application, transcripts, 2 recommendations, a master’s degree in an education-related field, minimum GPA of 3.0 is required for undergraduate work and a minimum of 3.6 is mandated for graduate work
- Deadline(s): Aug. 1 for fall start, Dec. 1 for spring start, April 15 for summer start
- Course Requirements: 5 courses including internship (19 credits)
- Typical Course Load: Summer 1 (2 courses), Fall (2 courses), Spring (2 courses), Summer 2 (1 course)
- Time to Completion: 18 months
- Practical Experience Component: Internship working under the supervision of a principal or curriculum and instruction administrator
- Alumni Current Positions: Graduates work as Supervisors of Curriculum and Instruction at both private and public schools.
- Note: If you are not a US Citizen, please contact email@example.com to confirm eligibility to apply to this program.
The position of Supervisor of Curriculum and Instruction has become increasingly important and challenging in recent years as schools strive to incorporate technology in lessons and meet the needs of learners of all abilities and backgrounds while satisfying state academic standards.
Approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, Lehigh’s certification program prepares educators with courses and experiences that enable them to develop expertise in instructional, supervisory and curriculum leadership and improve teacher effectiveness.
In order to be certified as a Pennsylvania Supervisor of Curriculum and Instruction, candidates who complete this program must also:
- Have a minimum of five years of satisfactory professional school experience
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident
- Provide evidence of satisfactory achievement on Pennsylvania Department of Education assessments
Students in Lehigh’s program take 19 credits which include five courses plus an internship working under the supervision of a principal or curriculum and instruction administrator.
Those interested in applying for Lehigh’s Supervisor of Curriculum and Instruction Certification program should complete the online application and submit official undergraduate and graduate transcripts. They must have a master’s degree in an education-related field, such as elementary or secondary education, educational leadership, curriculum and instruction or teaching and learning. A minimum grade point average of 3.0 is required for undergraduate work and a minimum of 3.6 is mandated for graduate work.
Candidates for the program should provide two letters of recommendation, either academic or professional, and a written narrative about their career objectives and experience in their chosen field.
Students may begin in any semester with an Aug. 1 deadline for a fall start, Dec. 1 for spring start and April 15 for a summer start.
For more information on the Pennsylvania Department of Education requirements, see this link.
|COURSE NUMBER||COURSE NAME||CREDITS|
|EDL 421||Instructional Leadership||3|
|EDL 422||Curriculum Management for the School Executive||3|
|EDL 400||Organizational Leadership & Change Management||3|
|EDL 428||Practicum in Supervision of Curriculum and Instruction I||2|
|EDL 467||Supervision and Professional Development||3|
|EDL 429||Practicum in Supervision of Curriculum and Instruction II||2|
|EDL 420||Data Based Decision Making||3|
Click here to view the course catalog which provides descriptions of the courses.