The COE Diversity Committee Student Research, Research Conference and Equity & Community Initiative Grants for FALL 2021 Semester are OPEN. Please click the links below for application forms and email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Reimbursement procedures are listed at the bottom of this page, with specific instructions during current campus operations due to COVID-19.
Deadline to submit grant application: October 22, 2021.
The Diversity Committee and the Multicultural Resource Center are happy to announce the availability of grants to help COE students, faculty, and staff disseminate multicultural research and implement different multicultural initiatives in the COE, Lehigh University, and the greater community.
COE Diversity Committee Research Conference Fund
COE students are encouraged to apply for funding to support registration fees to attend research conferences to present work that advances the mission of the COE Diversity Committee to embrace diversity and enhance multicultural perspectives. The primary focus of the presentation must not only be related to diverse populations but is also expected to address diversity-related and/or social justice issues within your field of study. Funds awarded by the research conference grants must be spent and reimbursed before June 1st, 2022.
COE Diversity Student Research Grants
COE students are encouraged to apply for funding to support research needs that advance the mission of the COE Diversity Committee. The proposal of their qualifying project, dissertation work, or another student-led research project must not only be related to diverse populations, but is also expected to embrace diversity, enhance multicultural perspectives, and advance social justice within your field of study. Funds awarded by the student research grants must be spent and reimbursed before June 1st, 2022.
COE Equity and Community Initiative Grant
This program provides funding for initiatives that enhance equity and community within Lehigh University’s College of Education (COE). COE students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to apply for grants to support work that advances the mission of the Diversity Committee to embrace diversity and enhance multicultural perspectives within the College of Education.
Specifically, activities should:
- 1) Support the growth and ongoing activities of the COE Multicultural Resource Center
- 2) Strengthen the COE’s focus on equity and community through continued engagement in multicultural and diversity topics
- 3) Promote curriculum development that better reflects the issues of multiculturalism and diversity across the COE’s six academic programs
These initiatives include but are not limited to projects, programs, college events, and learning and training opportunities related to diversity and equity. Typical grants will range from $500 to $1000, depending on the proposal and the scope of the initiative. The grant is intended to offset the costs of the proposed initiative. As such, a portion up to the full amount of the estimated expenses may be awarded. Funds awarded by the equity and community initiative grants must be spent and reimbursed before June 1st, 2022.
Received a travel grant and back from your trip? If you applied and were selected for a travel grant, you will receive retroactive reimbursement upon your return from travel. You must submit and retrieve funds before June 1st, 2022. The reimbursement procedures during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Campus Operations are listed below. Please contact email@example.com with any specific questions regarding this process.
Reimbursement procedures are as follows:
1. Please click on the following link to access the online, electronic form for processing student/adjunct/employee reimbursements: https://businessservices.lehigh.edu/onecard/student-adjunct-and-visiting-employee-reimbursements
2. Once you are on this page, click on the Request Form.
3. Fill in the following: Your name as the requestor, enter your role, for the approver - fill in: Deborah Watlington, firstname.lastname@example.org
4. When you are finished, you will receive two emails--one to initial and one to sign from Docusign. After your request is processed, you will receive two secure emails from Wells Fargo. Follow the directions in the Wells Fargo emails to set up your Wells Fargo Account. Once your account is set up, just follow the instructions on the purchasing site to enter your transactions for reimbursement.
5. Please reach out to Deb Watlington if you need assistance with the process at email@example.com